…and it’s here.
Let’s see what’s new and exclusive to the 4S (meaning, not part of iOS5):
- A5 Processor: About 2x faster, 7x faster graphics
- AirPlay mirroring
- Siri, which looks like something out of a sci-fi movie
- Much improved camera, and not just megapixel wise
- 1080p video with image stabilization
- Better battery life
- Faster cellular download speed
- World phone (CDMA and GSM)
- Better antennas, presumably more resistant to the Grip of Death
As someone that had the 3G and upgraded to the 3GS, I can tell you how huge the camera and speed and battery life improvements were. They made the day to day use of the phone vastly better. And it was good to begin with. Sure, there were other things, but these three were the biggest (oh, and support for multitasking). So I’m really looking forward to the iPhone 4S.
Some people are disappointed because there wass no iPhone 5. Who cares? The only difference between the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5 are the name and the form factor. I couldn’t care less about the name, and the form factor is already excellent, especially when compared to most of the gigantic and ugly Android phones out there.
Ready to pre-order.
Update: I use my phone’s camera a lot, so I was happy to see this sample, unedited photos taken with an iPhone 4S on Apple’s website.