I had it all planned.
He explained to me why I shouldn’t get a MacBook Air. Unfortunately, he’s right in all accounts.
After a little digging, for $300 less than the Air I bought a regular MacBook (white).
Compared to the stock MacBook Air, I got:
- A faster processor (2.2 GHz instead of 1.6 GHz)
- Twice as much memory (4 GB instead of 2 GB)
- Larger, faster HD (120 GB instead of 80 GB)
- Built in SuperDrive (instead of no optical drive at all)
- 2 USB ports instead of 1
- User-replaceable battery
- A Firewire port (instead of zero)
- I can later replace the hard drive for something larger, easily.
- The coolness factor of the MacBook Air
- Backlit keyboard
- Multi-touch trackpad
- 2 pounds
- Bluetooth 2.1 (I only get 2.0)
Sure, if I traveled a lot or had to carry the machine everyday, then the smaller and lighter Air wins a lot of points. But that’s not the case. My MacBook should be in tomorrow.