Another year, another Cap10k. I trained hard, and I kicked ass. Well, I kicked my own 2013, 2016, and 2017 ass. But I couldn’t kick my 2014 and 2015 ass:
I trained really hard using the RunKeeper app’s subscription only training programs which asked me to run an insane amount of miles. I ran more miles in the last few months than I had ever run in a similar time period before. And yet… it wasn’t enough to beat my own record which I thought I could and was a little disappointing.
The weather was perfect. I slept well the night before. What could have possibly slowed me down? Possible factors:
- I’m old
- I skipped my traditional pre-race porta-potty visit
- A week of Passover food binging and run skipping the week before the event
Alas, it was not to be.
But here are the positives:
- A great result
- 140th place in my category
- Had the race been a month later, I would have been 108th in my category!
- I won the famous Cap10K Kirsch Challenge. Take that, Fin!
Will I run again? My legs, at the moment, say no. Ask me again in a few days.