I just judged my first cooking contest ever. Some observations follow:
- It was good.
- Free food.
- Lots of dishes (about 12 different things).
- I thought I was strict, but then I saw how the other judges scored and I realized I’m not.
- The more meat or sugar in your dish the highest the odds of you winning. "or" is the keyword here.
- Americans don’t use nearly as much condiment as mexicans or israelis. Not a single dish inflicted pain in my tastebuds.
- Gazpacho is not popular here. I think a lot of judges gave the gazpacho a low score thinking it was cold soup (wait a minute… that’s what it is!)
- I would gladly participate as a judge in a cooking contest again. If you know of one or if you are planning on cooking and need somebody to judge it, let me know. And don’t worry (see number 4)